The inevitable signs of aging can have a profound effect on a person’s overall appearance as well as undermine their self-confidence. When the skin loses collagen, it can create a noticeable loss of volume in addition to increasing skin laxity in the face. This can, in turn, lead to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines that can make you feel uncomfortably self-conscious regarding your age and how you look. Fortunately, rather than enduring invasive surgery like a face-lift that takes a considerably long time to recover from, you can now simply use a facial filler injectable like Sculptra in order to experience and enjoy the advantages of a younger looking appearance.
How Bone Loss Affects Your Appearance
It’s relatively easy to accurately guess the age of a fairly healthy person by simply looking at the contours of their face. For women, the biggest evidence of their age is in the heavy, rectangular shape of their lower face in addition to the loss of volume in their cheek area. For many, a depression in their temples highlights the heaviness and change in shape with extra attention directed towards their lower face, including the loss of definition and proportion in their chin.
Overall, bone support tends to weaken when the distance between the top of the lip and the end of the nose increases. The longer the upper lip area, the older the person appears. Sculptra works to naturally stimulate the collagen in the skin and is also the only available product that can literally be used in every area in order to give a general ‘lifting’ effect and a more youthful revitalization of both proportion and volume overall. Although you can’t restore the effects of bone loss, it can still be reversed visually with targeted volume restoration.
- The product consists of PLLA (poly-L-lactic acid), an innovative synthetic solution. PLLA has been used for a number of decades in soft tissue implants and dissolvable sutures.
- PLLA stimulates the natural production of collagen, which occurs in the following 2 or 3 months after treatment.
- The benefits are long-lasting. Research reveals skin thickness lasts as long as two years following treatment.
- Based on the degree of volume loss in the face, multiple treatments may be necessary. As the treatments continue to progress over months, less of the product is required in order to complete the overall sculpting process.
- Acne scars can appear worse as a person ages due to the loss of volume in the face. But, when used together with other kinds of treatments such as scar excision and laser resurfacing, even the most stubborn scars can improve with the use of Sculptra injections.
Call Dr. William Silver today at (404) 586-4790 at his new location for an initial consultation. Dr. Silver serves a number of patients in the Atlanta metro area as well as many outlying areas including Dunwoody, Buckhead, Sandy Springs, East Cobb, Roswell, Alpharetta, Marietta and beyond.